Saturday, January 21, 2017

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk #1) by Bec McMaster

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk Book 1) by Bec McMaster
Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (September 1, 2012)
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

This isn't a bad book, but there's very little steampunk in it. I think the most steampunk you get in this book is a brief introduction to a man with a replaced limb, which seems more like a prosthetic as I believe the limb doesn't run on steam. I do wish the differences between vampires and "blue bloods" was explained better.

I would have described this book as paranormal romance, maybe even historical romance, I would not have used the term steampunk to describe it. I might try some more of the series, but from the view point that I am reading a romance story, and not a steampunk story. Not that they need to be exclusive, it's just that at the end of book 1 I haven't seen anything that I would have deemed steampunk.




Currently watching:

Robotech Volume 3 - Blind Game
Jasmine and I are having fun watching this.

Currently reading:

Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot (The Cecelia and Kate Novels Book 1) by by Patricia C. Wrede and, Caroline Stevermer
The first of a series of letter books. The characters write back forth to each other about what is happening to them.


If you'd like to request that I review a book please leave a comment. Include a brief description of the book, including which genre it is. Please also note if the book is an ARC and whether you are self-published.

Swagbucks it is how I make money for Amazon gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...