Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hogwarts Crest cross stitch

Here is my current project, I saw this picture on pinterest and knew that I wanted to start making it right away. Jasmine has over 2 years until her 11th birthday, but we want to do a Harry Potter themed birthday using the first book.
 photo 0027e0cf-3d7d-497e-ad0d-8b9f5fb8edee_zpsslwzsgzp.png

Which started me looking for the pattern, which I did find here

I also found Scienceandart's modification ideas on Deviant Art, which you can see here

I didn't like that Hufflepuff's background color was blue, and that Ravenclaw's was a lighter blue, so I started making modifications to the chart in my head.

So, here are my supplies, except I forgot to get a background yellow for Hufflepuff.
 photo 0874c39b-0a23-498a-839b-6c36c11fb16f_zpslxbnr7pi.jpg

Here is about 3 hours of work. I was thinking here that I was going to regret that upper left serif on the right side of the H. I wanted to change the H color, because I didn't want it to seem that Hogwarts would favor Gryffindor. So, I wanted to make it look a bit more like stone.
EDIT: May 24, 2019 Photobucket started charging for hosting pictures, I am looking for a new place to keep my pictures, hopefully this one will be back soon.
 photo f53ecca1-ded0-4a78-8e47-d6b3c874765c_zps8irnqn4s.jpg

Here is almost 6 hours of work. Yeah, I am regretting that corner of the H, even more so now that the lighter grey is filled in.
EDIT: May 24, 2019 Photobucket started charging for hosting pictures, I am looking for a new place to keep my pictures, hopefully this one will be back soon.
 photo 88cba119-c831-4baf-a322-10687cc3ef63_zps0ruhg3dm.jpg

And here is just over 10 hours. I went back and changed the color to black on that upper right side of the H, I think it looks much better now.
 photo IMG_20150501_000709_zpsdsxo9o4w.jpg



If you have any ideas for posts you'd like to see in the future let me know!

Currently watching: reviewing other King of Food episodes for future posts!

Currently reading:
Nothing!


If you'd like to request that I review a book please leave a comment. Include a brief description of the book, including which genre it is. Please also note if the book is an ARC and whether you are self-published.

Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...