Saturday, June 21, 2014

Arirang Culture - My Little Kitchen episodes 5-9

Here are the rest of the episodes in the series, which as far as I know is finished, if there are more episodes later then I will publish them.

Episode 5 Part 1 Haemul Jeon (Seafood Pancake) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

I normally use clam and oysters instead, no chili peppers 'cause Jasmine wouldn't eat it. I think this one might be a little chew from the squid.

Part 2 Bossam (Boiled Pork) with Chef Seri.

Hmmm. I have used green tea for the pork, but I've never used coffee. I wonder if it changes the flavor, but I don't think I'd want to use it because of the caffeine. Bossam is also good wrapped in freshly made kimchi.


Episode 6 Part 1 Gaematsal Milssam (Crab Stick Rolls) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

I don't know about this one, doesn't seem Korean at all.

Part 2 Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup) with Chef Seri

Not quite the way that I was taught to make it by my Mom, but I'm sure it tastes just as good. Koreans eat this a lot on hot days during the summer. It is thought of as a way to cool down.


Episode 7 Part 1 Godeungeo Jorim (Braised Mackerel) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

My Mom often makes this dish, luckily she buys her fish already gutted and cleaned. I personally prefer the radish to the fish, the radish gets cooked until it just melts in your mouth. Also who wants to deal with all the fish bones?

Part 2 Ramen with Mushrooms with Chef Lee Jin-Ho.

I do something similar myself. What I put into the ramyeon depends on what flavor the soup base is. I normally poach the egg though, I don't think I could eat a raw egg.


Episode 8 Part 1 Baechu Gul Doenjang Muchim (Napa Cabbage and Oysters in Soybean Sauce) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

I don't think I've ever had this or seen it before. But it'll have to wait until we move back to the US, seafood is soooo expensive in the UK.

Part 2 Jjambbong (Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I would ever make this since Jjambbong ramyeon is so tasty.


Episode 9 Part 1 Ojingeo Bokkeum (Spicy Stir Fried Squid)

Looks yummy.

Part 2 Janchi Guksu (Feast Noodles) with Chef Lee Jin-ho.

This looks easy, something that Jasmine might like. I miss my Mom's cooking!

Currently watching:참 좋은 시절 (Wonderful Days). Still watching this, it is supposed to be a 50 episode series.

Currently reading:

Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale Book 1) by Alexia Purdy
I'm only on the first chapter, so I can't really tell you anything about the book yet.


If you'd like to request that I review a book please leave a comment. Include a brief description of the book, including which genre it is. Please also note if the book is an ARC and whether you are self-published.


Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!
I made $5 in Amazon.com gift cards for the month of June. Class is over and hopefully my work schedule will settle down so I can get back to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...