Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Books I read in December


One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1) by Janet Evanovich
I've seen this book for years, but I never got around to reading it. It was at the local library and I checked it out. The husband used to be a bounty hunter, so I can always ask him questions on accuracy in the story. I've been back to the library twice looking for Two for the Dough, but it hasn't been in, maybe next time. You can reserve books here, but it costs money! Not a lot, most are 90p, but for some reason to me it just seems wrong. So, I may have to find a different way to read it, either buy the kindle or at the bookstore.


Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
I originally got this as a free sample and read the first 25 chapters, you can get it here (no longer available). This is the first book by James Patterson that I have read. I've seen them often in bookstores and libraries, but it is often hard to tell which book comes first in any of his series books. And is it just me or does anyone else agree, I think the preview's cover looks much better than the finalized cover of the novel.


Toys by James Patterson and Neil McMahon
I got this book at the same time from the library. It does feel a bit jumbled in the beginning, because you are just thrown into the story, but things do get explained fairly quickly. It was a quick read, and I was really hoping that there would be more books, but alas I believe it is a stand alone book.


Delirium: The Special Edition by Lauren Oliver

There have been a lot of books recently with dystopian futures and humans separated voluntary for no good, at least not me, reason. Ones that I can think of are The Hunger Games, (Catching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, or Matched (Crossed, and Reached by Allie Condie), or Divergent (Insurgent, and Allegiant by Veronica Roth.) This book really isn't any different from those books. Future society has decided that love is a disease and they have found a cure for it. You pick your future spouse from about five options and then you receive the cure. It is just really hard for me to believe that we humans would do this to ourselves.


City of Bones (Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

I've read The Mortal Instruments series before, but since I haven't gotten to watch the movie I thought I would reread the series. I have no idea where to rent movies in Leeds when it does come out on DVD, so I don't know when or if I'll even get to watch it. I also reread City of Ashes. Now I just need to find a movie rental store in Leeds so I can see the film, if it is out yet.

This year I met my Goodreads goal of reading ... out of 75 books. Yay me. My goal for next year is 80 books, including rereads.

Currently watching:Return of Superman This is a KBS variety show and has nothing to do with Superman, even though they use the DC imagery. I wonder if that is legal.

Currently reading:
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Book 3) by Cassandra Clare
Another reread, but I need to finish the series.





Swagbucks it is how I make money for amazon gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...